Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ava is turning ONE soon and much much more!


I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. It seems as if yesterday Heather was pulling me aside at church to tell me she was pregnant. Ava is crawling all over the house, babbling non-stop, and has had me wrap around her cute little fingers since day one. All the cliches about parenthood are true. I can't imagine our lives without her. I can't remember what it was like before her. The love you feel for your child is unlike any other love you will ever feel. All 100% true.

As for Heather and I we have had a fun summer, we have been to the beach twice and to the mountains once. We just got back last week from Beech Mountain, where Heather and Ava were able to visit Grandfather Mountain for the first time, walk across the "swinging bridge", and eat at the Daniel Boone Inn. Ava seems to be able to go with the flow, whether it be going out to eat, attending a college basketball game, or walking a mile up on a swinging bridge in the mountains!

Heather just past her 3 year mark at Market America and I have been with Murphy in the Morning for 3 years, if you can't when I started my internship and 2 years since I joined the show full-time. Time keeps marching on and I find it important to remind myself the true purpose of life and not get caught up in the daily grind that certainly becomes a huge portion of adult life.

Some other things that have happened since our last post, and we will be better.

1. Ava started to soldier crawl.
2. We finally put together Ava's Crib.
3. Moved Ava into her room upstairs.
4. FINALLY GOT OUR HOUSE CLEAN AND ORGANIZED FOR THE FIRST TIME. Special thanks to Mama and Daddy Pike, Teresa Sykes, Abe, and Scott Wrightington who have helped in the past and encouraged us to do so.
5. Josh in the Box and I won a video contest that netted us a ridiculous 27,500 dollars.
6. Ava has 5 teeth now.
7. Ava has started to crawl on her knees, all over the place.
8. Watched just about every big summer movie that has come out.
9. Cousin Brad and his wife from Michigan visited for the first time ever.
10. Thought about starting a diet at least once a week, have not done that.


Jared

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! It sounds like life is good right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a cutie pie! Happy day for all!! We love little AVA!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete