Thursday, May 28, 2009

We're alive...

So, it turns out we're pretty horrible bloggers in our house. Most, if not all, of you are friends with me on Facebook, so you probably have a decent idea what's going on in our lives. Here's a brief recap:

-Ava is almost nine months old. WHAT?! That is not possible. She has 1 1/4 teeth. Her torticollis is SO much better; she just got downgraded to once a month therapy (instead of once every other week). She only wears her helmet when she's sleeping. They said she'd probably have it for about 2 more months. Yay! She is doing so great. She's really close to crawling... torti babies tend to hold off on stuff like that, which is fine with me. I like my mostly immobile baby! Haha. She is quite the talker - she yaps and yaps and yaps, squawks and squeals, sings and screams... all the live long day. She is very outgoing and quite the charmer. She grins and coos at everyone she meets. She is lovely and fabulous and the best thing ever. I love her so much!!!







-A couple weeks ago, we went on Ava's first beach trip (outside of the womb). We had a great time! Jared was in charge of setting everything up and we decided it would be a surprise to me! We stayed at the beautiful Caravelle Resort in Myrtle Beach. It was supposed to be Bike Week, but it was a ghost town. It was fantastic! We had the beach pretty much to ourselves. The room we stayed in was BEAUTIFUL - really cute and modern decorations, flat screen TVs, beach front, balcony, kitchen.... I loved it! We got a really good deal on it, too! We also rented a car since both of our check engine lights are on... that was a nice luxury, too! We had such a wonderful time. Ava wasn't really feelin' the ocean (it was very cold and loud) but she LOVED the pool!!! She would get in her little float and slap the water and just squeal with delight. It was adorable!!!












-Life continues to bless us every day. We are grateful!

3 comments:

  1. What a cool float! I love that it has the mesh stuff so she can touch the water but can't accidentally splash herself in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet family! Thanks for sharing your adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I really enjoyed my brief visit on your site and I’ll be sure to be back for more.
    Can I contact your through your email?

    Please email me back.

    Thanks!
    Kevin
    kevincollins1012 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete